We know we are only as strong as our people
Aurecon South Africa Bursary Scheme
At Aurecon, we know we are only as strong as our people. And we believe that our business’ future relies on the education and skills of tomorrow’s leaders. So we invest in various bursary programmes, to help develop and support passionate, driven and innovative individuals.
Aurecon bursaries are awarded to deserving students for studies at various tertiary institutions in fields specifically related to the company’s activities. Students from approved universities which offer programmes that lead to professional careers in engineering are considered, with bursaries available for students studying towards a BSc or BEng in the fields of Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
We fund up to R90,000.00 (subject to change) per annum to every bursar to support them in their studies. We also provide practical training applicable to the qualification, as required by their educational institution. The bursary will be renewed annually if the student’s academic performance is satisfactory.
If you have any queries, contact us through our Facebook page and one of our recruitment team will get back to you.
Key application dates
What is required to apply to the Bursary Recruitment Programme?
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be studying or intending to study BSc or BEng in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering undergraduate Degrees at recognised Universities in South Africa. Proof of registration/acceptance is required
- Grade 12 students must have maintained a 5 symbol or higher in Mathematics and Science since Grade 11
- Tertiary students must have maintained a minimum of 70 per cent aggregate
- The bursary will be renewed annually if the student’s academic performance is satisfactory
How will my progress be monitored?
All bursaries are granted on merit. Bursaries are reviewed after each examination to assess the student's academic performance and are renewed annually. We make sure you have plenty of support to get you through. A Group Bursary Co-ordinator is available to provide much needed support and our current graduate network is also available for support.
What happens after graduation?
After graduation, you will be required to work one year with Aurecon for every year of your bursary (including any suspension period). In-service training periods are excluded from this. The service obligation period will commence after successful completion of studies/after graduation.
What is the application and selection process?
- Upon receipt of your application, screening and shortlisting will be conducted and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You will be required to submit the following documentation to complete your application:
- Completed application form
- Copy of your CV in Word or PDF format
- Certified copy of your South African ID Book
- Certified copy of all your Academic Transcripts
- Should your application be shortlisted, you will be invited to attend panel interviews in Johannesburg, Cape Town or Durban
- Bursary agreements are then offered to successful candidates