Construction Innovation Awards
– Winner: Infrastructure Project of the Year
Global Ports Forum Awards
– Winner: Bulk Commodities Port/Terminal of the Year
– Winner: Port/Terminal Software/Operating System of the Year
– Winner: Port/Terminal of the Year in the Middle East
International Bulk Journal Awards
– Winner: Environment Protection Award (Cargo Handling)
Most of the building materials in the country are supplied by the Qatar Primary Materials Company (QPMC), through its Port of Umm Sa’id (Mesaieed) Terminal. In response to country’s infrastructure initiatives for the 2022 FIFA World Cup and Qatar National Vision 2030, QPMC sought to increase the throughput of gabbro at Berths 2 and 3 from 16.6 to 30 million tonnes per annum (Mtpa).
As ants organise themselves, collectively and collaboratively removing bottlenecks or bridging missing links in a supply chain to efficiently build the structures required for their communities, so too, through its collaboration with Aurecon to solve the throughput issue, QPMC’s business model evolved from being a port operator into an end-to-end logistics player, helping the company play its part in support of the Qatar Vision. Changes from all supply chain partners were implemented – both downstream (consignees) and upstream (quarries and shipping companies) parties.