The West of Bangkok Water Supply Project serves 21 communities within the Nakorn Pathom and Samut Sakorn provinces with a total combined area of 3 000 square kilometres and a population of over 1.2 million. Both provinces are within the low-lying delta flood plain of the Tha Chin River.
Aurecon provided civil and structural design services for contractor, Ch. Karnchang Public Company Limited of this Build-Own-Operate project by the TTW Public Company Limited to supply 320 MLD. The entire project includes:
- An intake structure off the Tha Chin River
- The water treatment plant
- 52.5 kilometres of steel pipe transmission mains of 1 000mm and 1 500mm in diameter
- 50 pipeline crossings of roads, rail and water courses
- Water storage facilities at the main plant and at two other sites
- Transmission pumping facilities
- 115 kilometres of local distribution pipe work
This initial phase of the project was completed in 2004.
A few years later, a decision was made to expand the capacity of Banglen water treatment plant within the facility to provide 420 MLD, up from 320MLD .
Aurecon provided civil and structural detailed design for Ch. Karnchang Public Company Limited for the expansion of the water treatment and distribution facilities, including the design for booster pump stations number 1 and 2.
The expansion was completed in 2010.