Aurecon’s Government Industry supports cities, regional and national governments in providing a comprehensive range of services, including optimising the available resources toward sound infrastructure investment decisions, positioning assets to meet long term service delivery priorities and accommodating long term growth.
Aurecon is renowned for its ability to partner with government entities (be it cities and other municipalities, regional or national government bodies) who are committed to providing communities with high quality, cost-effective and sustainable services. These agencies require integrated, cost-effective solutions that take account of their broad-based project and policy objectives.
Aurecon’s technical expertise span the entire infrastructure lifecycle – from planning, design and construction to operations and maintenance – and encompass services related to energy, housing, roads, solid waste, sanitation, and water and wastewater.
Technical expertise includes the following:
- Integrated planning
- Transportation engineering, including road, rail, airport and port developments
- Water and wastewater treatment
- Bulk water supply and outfall sewers
- Energy transmission and distribution
- Housing development
- Buildings and facilities
- Environmental management
- Infrastructure asset management
- Sustainable design and planning services
- Operations and maintenance
- Organisational development and advisory services
- Financial management
- Social assessment and stakeholder management
- Information systems
- Training and development
- Disaster and risk management
Aurecon’s integrated, one-stop approach to meeting service delivery challenges extends beyond engineering solutions and includes in-depth expertise on a range of operational, institutional and environmental aspects of infrastructure delivery, including the financial and legal issues that impact government agencies.
We are recognised for planning and community consultation that leads to successful development outcomes and have developed a number of consultation techniques to support this, including community surveys, workshops, public meetings, and forums and focus groups.
The group also has world-class expertise across the entire social infrastructure market. In the education sector, for instance, our services extend from engineering sustainable buildings, to planning the long term investment needed to provide new schools and refurbish and maintain existing facilities.
Similarly, we regularly project manage and administer the briefing, design, documentation, and implementation of complex healthcare development projects such as hospitals, aged care, community health and research facilities.
The group’s clients range from towns and cities to government departments.
We have particular expertise in the:
- Planning and development of social infrastructure in the healthcare and education sectors
- Integrated urban planning of new development areas
- Risk assessment and response to natural disasters including fire risk assessment, as well as flood and earthquake response.