The level of spending in the diverse global defence market has to date been largely unaffected by the global financial downturn with countries that account for the largest share of global defence spending - China, France, the United States and Japan – generally having increased spending or left budgets unchanged.
However, the rate of increase in defence spending around the world is expected to slow within the next few years as governments seek to drive cost cutting programmes in the wake of the global financial crisis.
Aurecon has a long history of providing technical and support services to Defence client agencies and the wider industry. We have an impressive track record in the planning, management and delivery of complex defence projects, and we have membership on a large number of Defence supplier panels.
Our diverse teams of defence specialists have considerable expertise in working in, managing and leading integrated project teams. Client outcomes are delivered by having a thorough understanding of design, environmental and planning resources, procurement and management methodology, and delivery of defence capability.
We have designed and executed many defence infrastructure projects in support of diverse Defence capabilities, for example:
- Air force aircraft hangars for Boeing C17 transport aircraft
- Special forces training facilities and ranges
- Navy bases and ports
- The construction of army barracks and logistics facilities
We have also advised Defence agencies and the wider industry on acquisition projects across their capability lifecycle, including:
- New leading-edge maintenance models for electronic systems
- Procurement models for logistics and equipment solutions
- Planning and delivery of Australia’s largest ICT training roll out to over 15 000 students in 2010
Our specialisations include:
- Acquisition and sustainment logistics
- Asset management
- Business and decision support
- Capability development planning and analysis
- Engineering and technical design
- Environmental services
- Infrastructure design, development and delivery
- Management advisory
- Procurement and commercial advisory
- Programme and project management
- Risk assessment and management
- Training analysis, design development and delivery.