Aurecon is a global consulting, engineering, management and specialist technical services firm.
With an office network extending across 27 countries, Aurecon has been involved in projects in over 80 countries worldwide. We seek to foster human achievement in all aspects of our work.
Aurecon has a client centric business model that gives us the agility to deliver the full range of our services globally. We create best teams for our key clients, develop strong client relationships and deliver market leading solutions.
Our clients benefit from our collaborative business model as it nurtures the development of market leading expertise across their industries. Our technical professionals develop business advantage for our clients based on deep understanding of the industries in which they operate.
Aurecon’s values form the foundation of our commitment to our client relationships; our promise to our people; and the contribution we make to the communities in which we live and work.
- We foster human achievement through excellence, innovation and collaboration
- We respect others by celebrating diversity and acting with integrity and honesty
- We work to build a vibrant and brighter future for all
We aim to set industry standards, benefit communities and make a significant contribution throughout the developed and developing world.
Our associated brands
• Aurecon Advisory - is our specialist entity in Australia and New Zealand for delivering services on projects where we provide modelling for future infrastructure performance, all forms of private capital due diligence services, operational modelling for PPP business cases and associated services. Aurecon Advisory includes economists and teams consulting on project management, risk and security, science and training.
Aurecon Advisory provides a diverse range of services including strategic planning, supporting clients, understanding project risk profiles during finance raising, advising on governance, procurement, business change, risk assessment and management, project development and delivery as well as providing general business advice.
• Geostrada Engineering Materials Laboratory - provides commercial and site laboratory testing services for engineering and infrastructure related developments. In addition, the laboratory offers a dedicated surveillance unit specialising in the collection of road management system data, video and GPS logging, as well as the supply of laboratory equipment for hire or purchase.
• IMIS - is a specialist statistical traffic research and consultancy business.
Below are some key milestones in the history of our company.
- 2015 – Giam Swiegers becomes Aurecon's new Chief Executive Officer, coming from Deloitte Australia where he was Chief Executive Officer for 12 years
- 2013 – Aurecon merges with QUOIN, a leading quantity surveying practice servicing mining, energy, process and heavy engineering sectors in Africa
- 2012 – Aurecon merges with NETGroup, a transmission and distribution solutions provider and market leader in the electricity consulting industry
- 2011 – Aurecon merges with Daniel Chan and Associates - an independent engineering consultancy with particular expertise in sustainable design in Hong Kong, China and Macau
- 2009 – Aurecon formed. Africon, Connell Wagner and Ninham Shand announce formation of a new global group, Aurecon, with over 210 combined years of experience across 4 continents
- 2008 – Integrated Management Information Systems (IMIS), specialist statistical traffic research and consultancy business merges with the Connell Wagner Group of companies
- 2008 – Ranhill Integrated Pty Ltd formed, providing engineering, procurement, project and construction management (EPCM), supervision and ancillary services
- 2002 – Pacific Power International (PPI) acquired by Connell Wagner
- 1996 – Integrated Management Information Systems (IMIS), specialist statistical traffic research and consultancy established
- 1992 – Rankine & Hill merges with Connell Wagner
- 1989 – The Connell Group and MacDonald Wagner merge, forming Connell Wagner
- 1986 – International Development Support Services Proprietary Limited (IDSS) established
- 1971 – Macdonald Wagner and Priddle established
- 1956 – John Connell & Associates formed in Melbourne, Australia
- 1955 – Rankine & Hill established by John Rankine and John Hill in Sydney, Australia
- 1951 – Africon established, South Africa
- 1938 – John Connell joins practice of Cyril Hudspeth and Associates in Melbourne, Australia
- 1934 – MacDonald Wagner formed in Sydney, Australia
- 1932 – Ninham Shand established, South Africa